Once at the site, you will create a user name and password to enter and begin the online application process.
Program grant applicants will need to upload the following forms (click on link for forms) and attach them to the eGrant application:
If you have questions about the application, please contact Becky Ewing, Program Officer, at 231.941.4010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rotary Charities awards grants that promote innovative, grass-roots approaches to community issues that represent new methods of delivering programs. Awards range from $5,000 to $99,000.
Rotary Charities seeks to:
- Encourage new approaches that better serve citizens
- Encourage efficiency and effectiveness
- Encourage sharing of resources and leveraging of assets through collaboration
CRITERIA FOR FUNDING
Programs that receive funding from Rotary Charities must meet the following criteria:
- Be based on community need
Have measurable outcomes
Demonstrate high impact
Be a new and innovative program that meets the criteria listed above
(See the “Glossary of Terms” for definitions. This document is also part of the complete application packet.)
GUIDELINES FOR PROGRAM GRANTS
- Rotary Charities’ primary focus will be on funding new initiatives or the expansion of programs and services.
- Funding for startup expenses, including staffing and operating expenses, will be considered.
- Funding will be for a one year period. Funded programs may be invited to submit a proposal for up to two additional years if: benchmarks from the previous year are achieved and the amount requested from Rotary Charities declines each year according to the prescribed formula.
- Rotary Charities generally does not provide funding for the total program cost, preferring to partner with other funders whenever possible.
- The next deadlines for single year Program grants are March 1, 2013 and September 1, 2013. The next deadline for multiple year Program grants is September 1, 2013. Only electronically submitted proposals will be accepted; hard-copy versions of the proposal are no longer required. Forms can be accessed at: http://rotarycharities.egrant.net
- If funding is awarded, Rotary Charities staff will meet with the organization to develop a Grant Agreement Letter, which will include mutually agreeable measurable outcomes, time frames and a reporting schedule.
Sample "Memorandum of Understanding" Document
Please refer to our sample document as a model of the main components Rotary Charities is seeking in a Memorandum of Understanding.
Program Planning Grants are available. These are one-year grants that assist with Readiness, Assessment, Strategic Planning and Action Planning. Maximum request: $5,000. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Refer to the Planning Grant Proposal Guidelines for details.
Complete Program Grant Information Packet *
Click here to begin the Online Application Process
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view these documents;
you can download it for free from Adobe here: